The Eastern Rensselaer County Solid Waste Management Authority is a public benefits corporation established in 1989 to provide its members with environmentally sound, comprehensive, and cost-effective solid waste management services.
The ERCSWMA provides a variety of services for residents and businesses of member communities, including
- Long term waste disposal and transportation contracts.
- Household hazardous waste collection days.
- Waste reduction and recycling programs, including establishing markets for all recyclables collected.
- An outlet for reusable goods and other materials that are not collected curbside.
- Waste reduction and recycling education programs.
The ERCSWMA also established the ERC Community Warehouse as a Special Project in 1995. Although the two organizations are now separate entities, they work together on a variety of projects … all aimed at diverting reusable goods from the waste stream and putting them into the hands of those who need them.
- Village of Castleton
- Village of Hoosick Falls
- Village of Nassau
- Town of Pittstown (includes a portion of Valley Falls)
- Town of Schaghticoke (includes a portion of Valley Falls)
- Town of Stephentown
- Village of Valley Falls – The village lies within two townships; Pittstown and Schaghticoke.For collection and recycling information, click on the link above for the township in which you reside.
ERC Community Warehouse
The ERC Community Warehouse is a non-profit reuse center established to divert reusable discards from waste disposal. The organization accepts donations of reusable goods (home and office furnishings, appliances, housewares, building materials, and more) from individuals, businesses and institutions. The materials are re-sold, at low cost, to those who need them.
Check out the ERC Community Warehouse website!